Thursday, November 27, 2008

Job Work in Process - Email to Support Person

I decided to sent an email off to my Support Person S, to thank her for her help so far and to also let her know I won't need anymore help at the moment. I just need to discuss the desk concerns with my employer's and then coordinate the delivery of the desk. Below is my email.


I would like to thank you very much for your help in finding a job and supporting me through the interview part in late July. As you know it has been a bit of a nightmare since then and you have been involved with some of the early contacts with WINZ and others.

I have spent hours in the last 12 weeks phoning and e-mailing WINZ and Workbridge about funding, getting quotes, contacting DRC, NMA, MDN and CCS to find an OT and organising OT appointments, contacting OfficeMax, DRC, Telecom re equipment, and keeping the two Co-Managers up to date. It's ridiculous that all these government bodies can't provide one person to solve someone's problems in a few weeks. At this rate it will take nearly eight months from finding the job to actually starting!

It would be easier for me now to finish the purchase and delivery of the desk and set the starting date on my own and I will deal directly with the employer's until that is all done.

I hope you would be happy to leave me to it now and I will contact you again after I have actually started in the job and I can tell you how it is getting on.

No comments: