Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Job Work in Process - Frustrating Day

Yesterday I was down at the mall so I went into the Telecom shop to ask about the headset to find they don't supply those headsets. I contacted T at Workbridge and informed her that I tried the Telecom Shop and nothing happened, she also had done some phoning around and also contacted the Telecom shop I visited and found out the same thing, they don't supply those headsets. T said that she will arrange to get them from another store like DickSmith or Noel Leemings and to wait for another letter to come in the mail.

TODAY has been quite stressfull thanks to S my Support Worker. S rang this morning to say she has heard that Workbridge have approved the equipment I need to work and I said yes they have, how did you find out? and that I was going to email you an update by the end of the week. S said she went to the workplace this morning to catch up and found out that way (I had told S that I would keep her up to date yet she still goes ahead and trys to get info via another way). S then said that the employer's wanted the information about the desk length to see how it will fit and some other stuff. S also said I need to keep them up to date, well that kinda offened me as I have right through this whole process.

I then rang one of the employer's and talked to them about how the equipment is being delivered and payed etc and gave her the desk measurements. She checked the measurements while I was on the phone and said that the desk will be shorter in length than there current desk, so I suggested that they put in one of there smaller desks there to make the length longer. She said she will sort something out with the other employer. Basically all this was discussed months ago at the time of the OT assessment and even before that. I asked about my start date and we all agree that it be best to start in the new year. So things were all sorted and everyone happy.

S rang me up this afternoon again to say that the other employer wasn't happy about the desk as it was too short and I told S that the desk won't be the same length excatly as there current desk as it was purpose made for them, the desk I'm getting has certian length. S then wanted to arrange a meeting with employers and me and I said no, its not needed and anything can be solved or discussed over the phone. I told S I will contact the other employer and sicuss his concerns re desk. I was really frustrated at this time as S was basically getting in the way!! and creating the process to be longer. I had everything all planned and orgainsed and everyone was happy, we just had to wait for things to arrive. I was communicating directly with the employer's too.

No comments: