Monday, October 13, 2008

Job work in Process - Talked to my Boss

Today I went to my work place and talked to one of the Manager's. I spent two hours with him working out a solution for a workstation for me which will be suitable for me and the two staff members. I had the measurements of the desk height I needed which was between 75cm and 77cm.

Solution 1 - Remove the L-Shape desk from the office and replace it with the longer non-corner desk and put storage cabniets at each end for files and stuff. Raise the desk with wood or something so I can get under the desk. The Manager will have to replace the desk for the person who was using the non-corner desk, who again works PT like me. The desktop computer would sit near the right end of the desk. This solution will 'only work' if the two manager's can work at the desk height, when I'm not in the office.

Solution 2 - Go through WINZ first (Work Bridge 2nd) to get an Electric Adjustable desk that would be suitable for all of us to work off. Remove the L-Shape desk from the office and put the height adjustable desk in it's place with storage cabnets on either side. The desktop computer would sit near the right end of the desk. This solution will defiently work as anyone can adjust the desk via a push of a button.

He will contact me on Thursday about the above once he's talking to the other staff

No comments: