Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Job work in Process - OT and Moving Start Date Forward

Last night I got the information from the Workplace OT about what she will help me with and cost details which was great. I talked to my support person S about it and said that I'm going to contact T and Work and Income tomorrow to see if they will provide funding to pay the OT and move on from there.

I also said that 'starting work next week is not going to happen' as the workplace isn't suitable for me to start work. Even with her suggestion of raising the desk so I could get under it, won't really help. S said she would come in each day I worked and raise the desk with some peices of wood and remove them at the end of the day so the desk suits the other staff, but there is more to that for me to have a suitable workstation. They would need to move the computer as I can't sit at a corner desk in my powerchair. I said I want to start work when my workstation is all setup for me and I have the equipment to work. There is more to just a suitable workstation at a Workplace than S realises.

S has contacted the workplace Employer and let them know I can't start next week and will ring me tomorrow to give me an update about it.

In the weekend I also got a letter from Work Bridge 'Approving' my Job Application for taxi transport to and from work, which was great, at least they have approved something for me! I will have to contact them to say when I will start working and the taxi company as my start date has changed. Actually I don't even know when I start at the moment.

No comments: