Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Job work in Process - Community OT & WINZ

I finally got in contact with T from Work and Income today and asked if they will pay the Community OT who does the workplace assessment, the answer was no. So basically Work Bridge won't pay for an OT to do an assessment as I have to go through WINZ first and WINZ won't pay for the OT either. So where the heck do people like me get funding for an Workplace OT? I was told my Employer is over budget and most likely won't be able to pay the OT either but I need to find out for sure. If they can't then I will contact MDN and try them.

I've just been looking at the office photos I took awhile ago and I may have a solution!! They have enough desks that possibly they could move there main L-Shape desk to where two normal desks are sitting in another part of the office. Then move the 2 normal desks and place them where the L-Shape desk was. I would then need to get some wood wedges made to make the desk high enough for me to get under. The computer would then be put onto my desk so I can use it when needed. On the day's I'm not there, the other two staff can use my desk and the other desk. I just hope that the height I need for my desk will be suitable for the two staff member's. If not I might apply to Work Bridge for a laptop for me to use and it would stay on my desk and there desktop computer would go on the other desk which is at a suitable height for them. If I have to pay something towards getting a laptop I will send some support letters off to company's that could help.

No comments: