Monday, September 15, 2008

Job work in Process - Phone Calls

Today I did some phone calls to get more information so I know what steps to take next. I'm stressed out a bit as this is more work than I expected to get into a job.

I talked to T from Workbridge asking her what is going on and T said that my application is open, not accepted or declined BUT I have to first look else where for funding support. S my support worker didn't quite give me the right information on Friday so I'm glad I talked to T myself. I asked about my transport funding and T said that Workbridge will probably be able to fund that still. Basically T needs a written letter from Work and Income stating they 'will' or they 'won't' fund equipment then T can get my application accepted or declined depending on Work and Income outcome.

I have contacted my Community OT R and talked to her about the job and workstation. I've asked her to meet me at the work place sometime soon and give me a recommended report on equipment/desks/tray/laptop etc that will suit my working needs. Once this is done we can move on to the next step.

I then contacted T (Employment Co-ordinator) from Work and Income and talked to her about the above and asked her what the Modifications Grant is for. I don't think I need this grant as I don't need any permanent modifications done to the work place. T said the first step is to get the report letter from my OT then call her back and she can tell me if Work and Income will be able to help me or not, then we can go from there.

I went up to the Work place today and got photos in case I need them.

No comments: