Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hurt My Rib Area

I had Wheelchair Service over this afternoon about 4pm to replace my seat and back on my manaul chair and fix the loose rim. It took them 4 trips to complete this job as they got the wrong parts, but it's all fixed now.

The tech was putting new rubber push handles on as he had to remove the old to get the back seat cover off the back canes. The chair kept moving as he was hitting the rubber push handles on with a hammer and he asked me to hold the chair still as much as I can. I was sitting side on and twisted my upper body so I could rest my right hand on the seat of the chair and I had my left hand on the armrest and when the tech hit the rubber push handle and the chair moved forward as I couldn't hold it still and I heard a 'pop' type noise and felt a sharp pain in my rib area and shortness od breath for a minute or two
. I then hurt every move I did. humm not sure what I've done. Hopefully I haven't broken anything and it heals fast as this is slowing me down.

No comments: