Sunday, August 14, 2005

~*Sling Shot*~

When I was in Australia for my sports tournament in 2000 we had a free day. One of the things I really wanted to try in Sufers Paradise was the Sling Shot. There it was, so Dad and I went and watched some people being flung up into the air by the sling shot. The Sling Shot operator was waiting for two people to get in the sling shot for the ride of their life, next minute I was getting into the sling shot seat!! I didn't even think, I just went. It was a mission to get into the sling shot seat from my wheelchair as I couldn't walk from wheelchair to seat. I had to park my wheelchair so close, then transfer to seat with help from Dad. I was strapped in and ready to go. The operator reclined the sling shot quite far back so I was facing the sky. On the count of 3, I was being flung up into the sky with 8 G' Force going 120km. Talk about awesome!! When I got so high the sling shot pulled me down with such a force I was lifted off the seat. This was when I got a bit worried but then I was bobbing up and down in the sling shot taking in the view and the excitement. That was the best thing I ever did, what an adrenalin rush. I was given a video of my reactions being flung up in the air and a t-shirt. The experience is something I will never forget, totally awesome!!

Ready to Launch - 8 G's and 120km


Coming down


No comments: