Friday, August 19, 2005

~*Part 2 - My Wheelchair Seating Process*~

Part Two: Things are not going right

My wheelchair therapist rang to ask how I am getting on with the cushion. First thing she asked was: are you at home? I said yes, she asked have I got your right phone number '#blah' and I said yes, she asked if I was on the Internet and I said yes, she goes well that explains it then... I said to myself huh what are you going on about. I said to her, it doesn't matter if I'm on the internet, I can still use the phone and I have been out today and sometimes I can't get to the phone in time or I'm not available to answer the phone. For goodness sake, you think someone in her job field would understand that!!!

She asked me how the cushion went and that she needs to close my case as it's been open for a long time. I said that I got sore again and uncomfortable etc. Basically she interupted me as I spoke and asked me again and I said I'm trying to explain to you. She asked me where I was sore and I told her. She asked me to tell her excatly where I was sore, trying to tell her over the phone was hard, let alone her butting in and asking me more questions. I told her what I think the problem is, and she disagree's with me and said she won't argue about it.. I was like ohhh ok I was only saying what I thought was wrong. She won't listen to me!! If I am the person sitting on the cushion 24/7 then I'm sure to know what is wrong. I asked her to orgainse a meeting with the custom tech people to come and see me on the cushion and see for themselves what is happening and what is not right. I am having to tell my therapist, then she is telling them, not sure if the correct messages are being passed on. Then they tell her something, then she tells me. She won't arrange meeting.

As far as closing my case, yes it's been open for a long time, I don't care!! I don't want to be left with a cushion that I get sore on and end up with pressure sores!! I said I want to be comfortable before you close my case, that should be the priority here, not how long my case is open.

Well today my therapist rang me and said that she has talked to the Custom Tech people about me saying I was still sore on the cushion etc and they are going to re access me.

I made my complaint to the seating co-ordnatior and she was very nice about it. I said to her that I find my therapist....(let me give her a fake name for now...G will be my therapist name) does not seem to listen or understand me, it's like she has her own image of what I need in a cushion. I also said that I understand the meaning of "Closing a Case" when everything is good, I said but it isn't and G tells me everytime she talks to me, she wants to close the case. I said I don't need to hear that. I was asked if it was ok if she or someone sat in on my accessment as a second pair of eyes and ears, I said thats great.

No comments: