Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Job Work in Process - Wrong Freakin Desk Delivered

I got a call just after 12.30pm this afternoon from the guy delivering the desk to say there has been a mix up and they delivered the wrong desk. NO FREAKIN WAY!! They had delivered a normal long adjustable height desk in which they setup as a temp desk as the office desk was put away in storage. The office now has a temp desk for all of us to work from until mine arrives.

I then got a call my M one of the employers telling me that my workstation will have an overlap at each end and it will hang over the other desk that will be slotted under and next to my desk. M was saying that if the adjustable desk was lowered too much and it hits the other desk it'll break it. M then said that the OfficeMax guy was saying that they can add more length (1 metre) to the desk to get it the length the employer's want. I told M that I would have to contact R my OT and Workbridge too as they paying for the desk, even if it cost $100-$150 more. I said I will get R (OT) to contact her as soon as she can.

I was pretty upset about all this, the delivery of the wrong desk didn't help, but for my employer to go on about how she still not happy with the desk etc.

M my employer then rang me up again and sounded angry about it all saying why didn't Workbridge contact them to ask them if the desk is the right length for them as the standard height adjustable desk isn't really suitable. I didn't like the way M was talking to me either by asking me "do I understand what she is talking about?" and I said yes I do. M asked if R (OT) had contacted me yet and I said no she's most likely out and about doing assessments. M told me that Management are not happy and don't want the top of the desk to be ordered till they again talk to R my OT. I explained to M that Workbridge are to help me into work by funding me any equipment I need to keep me in a work environment, they are not there to provide the employer's equipment for there use. They expect the employer's to help in some way to make it workable. Workbridge have funded me a workstation I can work from and they can work from too but it's not going to be exactly the same length they want. M then said it's been a nightmare for them which didn't make me feel any better. In fact it's been more of a nightmare for me getting this far. I was pissed and very upset.

I ended up contacting my Dad and told him everything and he contacted R (OT) and told her what's happened and that I'm very upset about it. R wasn't very happy to hear this and said that it's sad that this is happening as they are ruining the relationship between me and themselves before I even start my work.

R (OT) rang me to say she spoke to my Dad, then spoke to M my employer and asked for the OfficeMax delivery guys number. Later R rang me back to say that the desk is ordered now and it'll be a little shorter at 1500x1600 and it be ready in 10 working days. Once it's delivered R will come out and check to see how it's working out. I don't have to do anything and I feel a little better now.

EDIT: Just got another call from M my employer to check that I know what's happening, she was a lot calmer. I said yep R has filled me in and I will be coming to work next week. M said oh I thought you be starting when the correct desk comes in and I said nope as I can work off the adjustable long desk. M said that they have added another desk in there so it makes it an L shape. I said I will just be careful about not hitting the desk legs when I turn. I also said I have lots to learn so won't be doing too much up front and M agrees so we will see how it goes next week. I've already re-arrnaged transport so I'm not stopping this.

No comments: