Monday, January 05, 2009

Job Work in Process - Contacted OT Again

I contacted R (OT) today who did my workplace assessment letting her know that my Employer's are not happy with the length of the adjustable height corner desk Workbridge has funded for me. I said to her that they mainly use the end of the current desk for storage, like a place to keep folder a phone they rearly use sand whatever else. I also said that I did ask if he would like to be there at the assessment and he said no, the other employer will be there and to let the OT sort out what would work best for me and them.

R will contact my Employer's and discuss the desk issues. R said that if they don't want the desk that Workbridge has funded me to enable me to work from, then they should be prepared to pay for a desk for me to work from. R also said that she has come across a lot of Employer's thinking they don't need to be at the workplace assessment with the client and then later they are not happy as they don't get any involvement in the process. This creates more time and delay's for me to start work that isn't needed. I hope to hear back from R sometime soon with an update.

No comments: