Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Power Module and Other Parts Arrived for my TDX 5

The 'MK5 Power Module' that was ordered on May 9th and it arrived and was put on my TDX 5 today. The tech calibrated the HDTTGB motors as I asked for them to be done.

I was able to reprogram my settings back into the PM with my programmer. I have all my settings on a spreadsheet even the Standby settings. I set Standby Mode ON in all 4 drives, then I was able to set the Standby Time. After doing this I ran into the problem of 'Press Reset' on my LCD. I then turned Standby mode OFF in all 4 drives again and was able to move. Standby in ECU was ON, can't remember if this was ON or OFF or even recall having this setting but I left that.

Drive 4 is for Tilt/Recline via the joystick as well as elevating leg rests. I use the single toggle switch mostly for Tilt/Recline instead of via the joystick. At the moment Drive 4 is drive-able and I can't use 'powered seating' via joystick. I'm guessing I need to turn the Tilt/Recline setting ON so I can use those via the joystick as well as my toggle switch. I'm hoping by turning Tilt/recline ON will also enable me to use the joystick for the elevating leg rests which is left/right via joystick.

I'm going to ring Invacare tech tomorrow to see what I need to do.


I also got some new tread/foam filled tires and new arm pads arrived. One arm pad went on and I made sure that the arm pad wasn't moving an inch. The tech didn't use the new screws either, just the current screws that were used on the old arm pads. I've had issues with these arm pads before. The tech put them on, then the next day the screw fell out, then the tech arrived to screw it back in, then the following weekend the screw and arm pad came completely off on both sides. If this happens again, I will be really frustrated. The right side arm pad needs to go back to the workshop and a new hole drilled (tappered or something, they call it) so the arm pad sits foward more. I really dislike the way the arm pads go on the arm rests, there is no 'adjustability' for the arm pads and it's very annoying.

Apart from that my TDX is all good... Time to clean my chair I think HA

No comments: