Friday, June 27, 2008

Poly-Emp Meeting (Job Support)

I decided to give Poly-Emp a go and get them to help find me some employment. We meet up this afternoon and discussed what jobs I'm interested in, what skills I have to offer, hours of work and lots of other things. M explained to me what Poly-Emp does and got me to fill out a form. Poly-Emp helps those with Intellectual Disabilities so I will be a challenge to them as I have a Physical Disability. S was there as she will be my support person and helping me find a job. S took a lot of notes and will contact me later. We came up with two goals/plans...

Short Term Goal - Look for a job that I can do at home for 4-6hrs a week. Jobs like typing up Medical reports, teacher reports etc anything I can do from home.

Long Term Goal - Look for a job that I can do out of home, up to 15hrs a week and maybe have some hrs to work from home.

Overall the meeting went well and S will check out the local schools and a few other places I suggested.

No comments: