Saturday, May 24, 2008

Got a Hard drive for Backups

I went into DickSmith and I asked the guy about who I can talk to about HDDs and then I released it was my Mac friend Matt who used to work at JB HI FI. I was so happy as I knew he'd be able to recommend what I need, he uses Mac too.

So after 3 weeks or so researching Hard drive's (HDD) I bought a Western Digital 500GB My Book Studio Edition. I feel relieved now as it's hard finding out all the information and getting the right equipment HAHA!!


Matt also said that the My Book HDD that I bought was newer model than the one he got from JB and mine is much smaller.

It took minutes to setup, power in, Firewire 800 in and plugged into iMac. I just need to set it up to backup tonight....will udate.

UPDATE: I've completed my first backup and it only took *wait for it* 31 minutes!!
I only had 19.42GB used and Time Machine says it was backing up 790.683 items WOW that's a lot, more than I thought I actually had. It does backups every hour, just any new changes.

No comments: