Monday, March 02, 2009

Show Your Ability 09 Expo


I was at Show Your Ability today and had a look at every stand. I was interested in the Morton & Perry HMN Toilet Lift which might be helpful for me with my Independant transfers as sometimes it gets hard to transfer off the toilet.







I checked out the Medix 21 Spirt 690 exercycle as I can use both arms and legs or use arms or legs on there own. I remember trailing a similar exercycle at MDA years ago and it was pretty good. Gave me exercise and also lessoned up the spasms in my upper leg muscles.



I headed over to the Invacare stand and they had a TDX SP setup so it can be driven via Remote Control, just for show. It was funny watching the TDX SP wheeling around with no one in it and seeing the reactions on people's faces.

My highlight at the Invacare stand was meeting Michael Babinec, Project Manager of Powerchair lectronics and Seating and Positioning. I had been in contact with him via email before hand about my Invacare Boars and questions. I was able to talk to him and ask him questions about a few things regarding the seating on the TDX SR etc.

No comments: