Saturday, February 28, 2009

Filming Day

The filming crew arrived at 10am and we didn't really start filming till around 10.30am. They started with filming me doing some laundry, washing dishes and making a couple sammys. In between I was answering some questions and talking about my Independence to C one of the Presenter's. They did more filming of me doing things on my own that I can still do without support from a carer and more talking to C. The filming took about 2 hours and 30mins before I had a break for lunch and head of to sports with Dad.

The filming crew went over the road for lunch and Dad and I had lunch at my place then took off to sports. It was our second practice of the year but the first practice for me as I wasn't able to go last fortnight.

We played hockey first, we had 7 players turn up so we had 4 vs 3 for awhile. Today's hockey game was really good, fun and the score was 5-5 which meant the teams were pretty even with me on the 3 player team. The filming crew arrived and C (who also plays wheelchair rugby in the Wheel Blacks) came and joined my team. They filmed me playing hockey. We then played balloon soccer with the same teams and that was fun. C joined in again and was helping out my team. I won't say what happened but something funny happened in soccer and it be added into my Story, so if your reading this you will have to watch the Story when it comes out on Attitude TV XD Once they got enough filming of me at sports they asked me if I could go to the next stop so I left sports earlier than normal.

We headed to foodtown where they did some filming of Dad and I doing my food shopping. I used to do food shopping on my own and enjoyed it and now I do it after sports with my Dad. I do most of it and still enjoy it so I'm still doing this Independently. Dad can put all my shopping in the van and take me home and put my shopping inside for me to put away. Years ago the taxi driver did this. We then went to my work and did some filming over there. We finished around 6.15pm so it was a long day but it was fun too.

I feel that I missed saying some stuff that I wanted to get across as it it's hard to remember everything when I've got a camera in front of me and random questions asked. I just go into a blank and forget what I'm trying to say hehe Sometimes I'd know what I was going to be asked so I had my answer prepared, sometimes I was just asked and I had to think up my answer on the spot which was tricky. I just hope I said enough and that they might use the details I emailed them before filming as some of that info wasn't even talked about.

My story should be on Attitude TV after 6 weeks or some sometime, should be good to see it all.

No comments: