Sunday, April 23, 2006

~*V8 Supercar Racing*~

I went to the V8 Supercar Racing yesterday and it was awesome a part from the crappy weather of wind and rain which left me with wind burn I think My brother and I sat in the disabled stand which was up on top of a hill so we could see the whole track almost!! Great place for the disabled stand and it was covered and had a lot of room which was good. They had two disabled porta toilets by the ramp too When I used the toilet, I had to reverse back out to swing my footplate a side to be able to transfer, as there wasn't enough room for the chair to move.

The v8 super cars sounded awesome at the start as they roared there engines then skidded off to a good start, I loved the starts hehe.. Think the first supercar race was 30 laps and this is where John Bowe lost control of his Ford on his own and crashed into the safety barrier at 220+km and a peice of wood off the safety barrier flew off and hit a photographer's leg, which is now broken The race was stopped while the safety fence was repaired and this took an hour. The race then started again with no pit stops this time as they were all done and Mark Scaife in in HOLDEN won!! YEA!!

Check out the news on this accident
here

Before the last supercar race, they had some other cars racing and Formula Fords so that was kewl. I missed a drag car doing some smoke burn outs, but the I saw the smoke as it came up to the top of the hill hehe where I was, looking at all the neat Holden stuff and trying to get some freebies.

The last and 2nd supercar race started abour 4.30pm and it was a great roaring start, aww the noise of those v8s...you gotta love it... 50 laps this time and it had its spills and slides and safety cars coming out. Mark Scaife in his Holden Racing Team car WON!!! YEA Holden won again!! This means Holden has won 12 times at Pukekohe race track.

Mark Skaife on the way to his win at Pukekohe see here. aww I love the look of the red and white Holden Racing Team car with it's lights on heheh
Image hosting by Photobucket
Picture taken from here
New Zealand's Greg Murphy was the man I wanted to see win, it be his fourth win here at Pukekohe but he got in a crash on the first race on Saturday which almost totaled his car But they techs worked on it all night and he raced and got a massive cheer from the crowd Check
here I bought a Murphy hat too

A Porsche GT3 flipping over the safety fence into the srowd..
here

Next year will be HUGE as it's the last time it's going to be at Pukekohe, then we have the Street race in Hamilton which will be kewl to go too

No comments: