Tuesday, April 18, 2006

~*Mould*~

I live in a small Housing NZ flat, it's 2 bedroom and open planned living room, dining room and kitchen. I've been here for about 7yrs now and love it, although I do get lonely. But I have all my online friends to chat too.

Mould, yep, I have mould growing in my carpet under my couch. The mould is almost the length of my couch too, it's discusting!! It stinks when the couch is moved too. I guess I'm used to the smell now since I'm living in it I have mould on the wall too where the couch is, mould above my bed headboard going up the wall and onto the ceiling and some in the bathroom and laundrey. During the night, I wake up with streaming watery eyes and a blocked nose from this mould. The mould everywhere, mainly the lounge is now a Health and Saftey Risk.

Lounge
Image hosting by Photobucket

Above headboard of bed
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

I have informed my tenant manager at Housing NZ sometime at the end of 2005. When she came to do the 6month house expection, I told her to pull the couch out, she said I just have a peek and so she did. I then showed her the mould in my room and told her how it is affecting me at night etc. She noted it all down and I said the carpet needs changing, and she said yep. She said I can choose the colour carpet out of two colours LOL so I said good. She also got a guy to come out later that day to look at the outside where the water wasn't draining. Basically the water is coming down the slope from the Golf Course to my flat and has no where to go. The mud on the side of the flat is also blocking the vents in the bricks. This all means the flat on that side is so damp and wet causing problems. He said they would need to remove all this mud, put a drain in on this side of the flat and down the back of the house and hook it up to the main drain, to drain it all away. They are also going to have to prevent the dirty mud from going into the drain.

Nothing had happened since all this talking and looking at what was causing the problems, yet the guy said it has to be done before winter I emailed my tenant manager again with 3 things that were discussed and needed doing. The gutters were done, but nothing else. She then moved to another Office in another area I rang her and said what is happening, she said I'm not doing anything with my clients now, contact the office.

I have a new tenant manager now and I went to the office on 6 April to meet him and dicuss the mould problem, having photos in my hand of the mould. He was quite embarressed that it was at this stage and nothing had been done. He came around the next day and had a look at all the mould areas and looked at the carpet. He said that the whole flat will have new carpet and this will be an URGENT JOB!!! Finally something's going to happen He was really nice, talked about DVD's I liked too, had some interest. I also asked him if he can orgainse someone to come clean the mould off the walls as my carers can't do that and I have no one else, and he said, yes I will see what I can do.

Today: I just had three people come clean all the mould off the walls!! WOW this is awesome, it looks all clean in those areas too. I feel really happy that this has been done and will thank my tenant manager. Will find out when the carpet and outside willbe done..these will be big jobs, lots of furniture moving

After living here for 7yrs I think I've finally got a good Tenant Manager So once all this is done, I can move onto the other little things I've asked to done over those 7yrs.

No comments: