Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Meeting with Poly-Emp and WINZ

I just had a meeting with S from Poly-Emp and T from WINZ, T is an Employment Coordinator and is really nice. We had this meeting as I had quite a few questions regarding pay and my benefit and how much would my benefit be knocked down. I also wanted to know if working 6 hrs with so much was worth it etc.

Basically working 10hrs at $15 an hour is worth working. If I was working 6hrs then I would have to see how it affect my benefit with the amount of pay I get, sometimes it may not be worth the 6hr work.

When I used to work and I got a pay rise, it was basically removed from me as my rent would go up and my benefit would go down, this happened at every pay rise, leaving me with no achievement in the end. T suggested that instead of a pay rise I could ask for a day off with pay or something similar and this would be a pay rise for me.

I got a lot of questions answered and felt good at the end of the meeting.

No comments: