Sunday, July 06, 2008

Icy Blast

Talk about cold!!! It's been very cold this month with icy blasts of wind, hail, lot's of thunder n lightening and rain, oh and snow in some areas. Some areas have had hail as big as marbles cover there lawns and the roads creating bad conditions.

There was lots of thunder and lightening, in fact there was more than 3000 lightning strikes that hit New Zealand. The icy blast is meant to clear over the next week. I hope it does.

The coldest spell this year are: temperatures in Auckland fell to just 6 degrees at lunchtime, 10 degrees in Wellington, and Dunedin had a high of 4 degrees. So you can see how cold it's been. Over night temperatures in Auckland fell to a low of 8 degrees and over the next week they could fall as low as 5 degrees. I think I will add more blankets on my bed as I can't sleep when I get cold. Saturday was Auckland's coldest day of 2008.

Snow clouds, yes snow clouds were seen over Auckland city on Saturday!!! I read in the NZ Hearld that 'If Sky Tower was 3 times its height it would be snowing on the top', imginae that happening hehe.

No comments: