Thursday, July 31, 2008

Job Interview

I had a job interview today at the BHBCC and I was a little nervous. S from Poly-Emp took me in my van and we arrived on time which was good.

I meet the two Co-Manager's and they seemed very nice. They talked to me about what they are looking for and what I'd be doing and asked me what I had to offer, skill wise. I handed them my CV which they had a look over and were impressed with. I told them I had good computer skills with both Mac and Windows software, front desk skills and more. One of the Co-Managers showed me there booking system and some other things that I'd be doing.

One thing that S didn't overlook and I noticed was that the office is very small and there is a window where they greet people and discuss bookings, yet I can't get near the window and the desk is to low as I can't get under it. There is enough room for me to do a 360 turn in my wheelchair. This was kinda off putting to me a little and the other thing I was concerned about is they want me to be at the front desk while they are out of the office in meetings and such. I want to work with people, not on my own.

They do have a disabled bathroom with a left handed rail which was perfect so that was one less worry for me. I could in fact have drinks at work without worrying about where the nearest disabled toilet is or not having a drink and waiting till I get home.

Overall the job sounded good.

No comments: