Thursday, December 11, 2008

Job Work in Process - RE Email to Support Person

I just got a letter from Poly-Emp today from there Manager and I wasn't impressed with it. S and the Manager seem to have misunderstood my email I sent to S on 27 November.

Just saying that S has been keeping her up to date with the process of negotiating an offer of employment for me. That she understands when I was offered the position I chose to negotiate everything for myself regarding setting up my requirements for my employment and have endeavoured to keep everyone in the loop. (This is not 100% correct)

The Manager then explained that--> This has been un unusual way of working for us and not one we often find ourselfs in as as our sole purpose is to offer a seamless supported Employment Service to people with Interllectual disabilities. (This they told me at the first appoitment we had and they accepted at the time that I was going to be a challenge for them and was happy to help me)

The Manager continues with--> Wheras it is completely your decision to decline any future offer of support from Poly-Emp, we believe that we have a duty to the potential employer to continue to see through our negotiation of the position. We will continue to be in contact with the employer untill the contract with yourself is signed and a start date has been arranged. (First of all I never declined any future support from them and second I have asked them nicely to back-off while I coordinate the desk delivery once I've sorted out the employers concerns with the desk length as at this stage S has left everything else for me to do)

I was really annoyed with this letter as they haven't got some of there facts right and it's over the top and defensive. I will reply by email to her tomorrow.

No comments: