Monday, January 09, 2006

~*Fun Day out and about*~

Image hosted by Photobucket.comI drove 12.1km distance while out and about in town today. The sunshine was out, it was hot but also windy. I took the train and met up with my friend Kerry in town. We wheeled around the waterfront, stopped by the at the Ferry Information and got a Timetable. We also checked out the ramps that we use to get on and off the boats as neither of us have used our new TDX powerchairs to get on and off the boat and they work slightly different to rear wheel drive chairs. We then wheeled around the Viaduct and chatted about sports and a friend of ours who's in hospital very sick. We then went in and out of lots of resturants trying to find the right place that would fit our budget LOL. We found one sitting in front of the harbour. I had nacho's and a rum n coke and he had scollops and salad and a vodkia n coke or 2 or 3 LOL

We checked out some pubs and saw this pub with ice sculptures inside. I couldn't get in and glad I couldn't in a way...cause it was -5degrees inside. It was a bar with an ice floor, ice glasses, ice tables, ice everything!! They only serve Vodkia shots lol and you pay so much to get all the warm jackets, scarfs and boots. They only let you in for 20 mins too as drinking vodkia shots and the cold can get you really drunk..so they say. But wow I never knew such a thing exsisted in my own town LOL

After awhile we headed off and wheeled up one side of town. We ended up at SkyCity and went into the Casnio and wandered around. I haven't been there for 5yrs or so and it's changed a lot. We sat and had a drink, this time I had a coffee. We then had a go on the 1cent machines hehe yea make the money last longer LOL. I stuck $2 in and won 100 credits then lost it and Kerry spend some of his money too.

We then went back down towards the train station, stopping in Sounds for awhile. We then headed off home on two different trains. I had a really good day, and have a bit of sun burn.


2 comments:

::Zissy:: said...

sounds like a wonderful day well spent. :)

Hugs, Zissy

smilesnzz said...

Hiya Zizzy, hey thanks for visiting, yea I loved the day out, have to do it again hehe