Sunday, November 01, 2009

Waterfront and Devonport

My friend Richie, his carer and her husband and daughter and I went to the Waterfront for the day. We walked on one side of the Hilton hotel and noticed that the other side was blocked off due to a massive Cruise ship moored at the dock. It was a huge ship, taller than the Hilton hotel too, see below a photo.

I so wish I could have a look inside, I bet it's amazing! I counted about 11 floors but there might be more. I wonder how many swimming pools are on board etc. Going through the carpark area I noticed a Lambo, see below

We then had a very yummy lunch at the Maritime Museum restaurant which sits right by the sea. I had some Mexicon food this time and a coke and later a CC Dry (Canadian Club with Ginger Beer), it was nice and refreshing. We then went around to the ferrys and went over to Devonport. It was a bit more windy over that side as it wasn't sheltered. Richie and I wheeled to the other end while his carer's daughter went swimming and played on the sand. Below is a photo I took at one end of Devonport, the wind has made the sea a bit choppy.

We then went back to town by ferry and got some ice cream, then headed back home. A really fun day.

No comments: